A root canal can save your natural teeth from tooth loss or extraction. You can avoid the need for replacement teeth when you protect your smile with root canal therapy.
A patient might need a root canal if the pulp becomes damaged. What is the pulp? The pulp is a collection of blood vessels, nerves, and soft tissues that lies in the center of the tooth. The pulp can become infected when there is deep decay or cracks and chips in the tooth.
When a pulp becomes infected, the sufferer may experience serious discomfort. Some of the side effects of a damaged pulp include:
- Visible injury to the tooth
- Swelling around the tooth
- Sensitivity to temperature
- Chronic toothache
- Severe pain in the gums
- Difficulty chewing
There’s no need to suffer silently. With modern technology, root canals have become simple procedures. You can expect high comfort levels and reliable results when you choose root canal therapy at Fabozzi Dental.
How is a Root Canal Performed?
If you have noticed any of the above symptoms, it’s time to come in for a dental examination. It is also crucial to maintain your regular twice yearly dental visits, because your dentist may be able to detect signs of a damaged pulp before you can.
If Dr. Fabozzi recommends a root canal for your damaged tooth, you can expect the following steps:
- Your dentist will apply a local anesthetic to numb the affected area. You may also choose to take advantage of our safe sedation dentistry methods.
- The injured pulp will be removed through a small opening in the crown of the tooth.
- The root canal system will be thoroughly cleaned and sealed off from further damage.
- Your tooth will be fortified with a dental crown or filling.
The root canal process often takes 2-3 visits to our office, and has an extremely high success rate. You can find prompt relief for your tooth infection symptoms and enjoy a comfortable smile again.
Safeguard your health with root canal treatment. Call us at Fabozzi Dental to schedule your appointment today!